Monday, October 12, 2009

Poker Tells – Don’t get Victimized by Your Opponents.

Poker Tells like getting victimized by the opponents are very important especially under the situation where you have got enough luck to win the game. Sharks can easily feel the smell of blood even from miles away. Imagine a shark on your table and how much time it takes to find you. I would say in “NO TIME”. I am talking about people who act as victim and get victimized. Many beginner poker players and semi-professional poker players do this and get trapped under the Jaws.

To avoid this you never have to feel like a victim even if had a severe bad beat. Otherwise even a novice poker player can feel it easy to jump on you.

Let me discuss with you my experience while playing No-Limit Holdem and how to avoid being victimized by your opponents.

Pocket aces in my hand and I was hoping for someone to re-raise. But that did not happen; instead I faced three calls beyond me. The flop cards were a rainbow ( A Q 7). And it can’t be better than this for me. I checked and was checked at big blind who bet. I called and everyone else had to fold. I was not lucky enough at the turn and river where the hands were Jack and 10 respectively. I knew what the big blind has and folded. Though I had to fold I managed to lose minimum. But, if I would have gone for all-in after the flop then I would have lost everything and obviously my facial expressions would have given an easy hint at that point of time and big blind would have eaten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment